Last week, Liv from Morning Coffee Bliss nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thanks girl!
Here are the rules to the Liebster Award:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
- Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed, and create 11 questions for your nominees. (Blogs must have 200 followers or less. Let the blogger know you have nominated them.)
- Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
Responses to Morning Coffee Bliss:
1. If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
Obviously I would like world peace, to end hunger, etc. But this isn’t Miss America, so I’m gonna make these personal wishes: 1. To be a wildly successful writer; 2. To travel all over the world; 3. And the biggest one — peace of the heart and mind.
2. Out of all of the things you’ve done, what are you most proud of?
I’m proud of all the times I’ve done something that scared me — but maybe the biggest one was living in Costa Rica for months by myself and not only getting by, but making it feel like home.
3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
I had a pretty great childhood so there’s no way I could pick just one… but the first thing that came to mind was that one time when I was in elementary school, my mom took me out of school in the middle of the day to go to the park. How great is that? I know people are obsessed with attendance and producing high-achieving six-year-olds nowadays, but I 100% plan to do that with my own kids one day.
4. If you could accomplish only one more thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
If it could only be ONE thing…maybe to become a mom.
5. Who do you admire the most and why?
Well my mom and dad, of course, but that’s kinda boring. So I’m gonna go with Leslie Knope! When I’m struggling to be awesome in life, I like to ask myself, What Would Leslie Knope Do?
6. What is your favorite movie and why?
Honestly, it might be Mean Girls (no shame). There was a year of my life where I watched it once a week and I still quote it near-daily. Other favorites include Amelie, Little Miss Sunshine, Moonrise Kingdom, City Island, Dan in Real Life, Anchorman, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
7. What is your favorite book and why?
As an adult I’ve read a lot of books that I’ve loved, but not one that stands out as something I want to read again and again. So I’d say the lifetime achievement award goes to Just as Long as We’re Together by Judy Blume — I must have read that book at least ten times when I was a kid and I still think of things from it all the time.
8. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
There are a bajillion places on my list, but Greece might be #1.
9. Name three things you like about yourself?
I’m genuine, I’m open with my heart, and I’m always trying to grow as a person.
10. If you could go back in time, what advice would you give your younger self?
Whatever you are crying about right now will not matter to you at all in a few years. And don’t wear socks with sandals.
11. What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
I like seeing what comes out when I write, because it’s not always what I thought I wanted to say when I sat down. I like hearing that people can relate to something I’ve written, especially when it’s something I was a little nervous about sharing. But maybe my favorite thing is that now that I’ve started doing it, everywhere I look I see something to write about.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I’m obsessed with chimpanzees; after I read the book Next of Kin, I’m pretty sure I alienated all my friends and family because all I would talk about were chimp facts.
2. I am afraid of gangs, people in masks, spiders, and ostriches.
3. I love to floss.
4. The Hallmark greeting card that most applies to me is the one that reads: “There is a certain amount of wine that will make you say, ‘Damn, I’m a great dancer.'”
5. I love to sing and dance but I cannot sing or dance (see above).
6. I cannot watch the Christian the Lion YouTube video without crying.
7. I cannot drink tequila without crying.
8. I HATE painting my nails, but I always have to have painted nails.
9. I want to punch people in the face when they call me ma’am.
10. I once got chased by a wild stallion.
11. There’s nothing I love more than staying in a hotel.
I’m nominating five:
Questions for my nominees:
1. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
2.What celebrity did you have a crush on as a child?
3. What is your strangest habit?
4. What’s the worst piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
5. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
6. Are you a dog person or a cat person? (Or a fish person…?)
7. What is the first thing you do when you walk in the door at the end of the day?
8. What is the one task that you irrationally hate doing?
9. What has been your favorite age of your life so far?
10. Which celebrity do people say you look like?
11. What do you love about writing?